There are many things one should keep in mind before you decide to register your domain name.
What do you mean by domain name ? Some times also refered to as a URL, a domain name your identity on the net eg. www.yourdomain.com,Â www.raytracecreations.com, www.google.com are few.
Let me list out few things and a briefe explaination about each.
Select a short domain : Always make sure that you select a domain which is short and best describes your business. A domain having a keyword which best describes you business will help you getting better ranking in search engines. You can select more than one domain to register so as to keep out competition who would register similar domains to take away your traffic.
.com domain : Since in India domain, websites and hosting is still a growing concept, people most of the time relate .com to a website. Although finding a domain with .com is difficult since all words from the dictionary have been taken up and we have try all types of different permutations and combinations before registering a domain. Most registrars will give you suggestions of other available domain names and extension.
Domain Whois : It is very important your whois information shows the registrar of the domain as you. make sure the contact information will have your email id. This is most useful when the registrar wants to contact you incase your domain name is expiring or you want to change registrars and transfer a domain to a different registrar. Click here to check the whois information of your domain.
You get what you pay for So if you want to register your domain with a registrar who doesn’t play any games, a domain registrar who:
- The registrar will never hide fees
- Pay only for no years your domain is being booked
- Provides you direct, unfettered access to your whois records, your registrar locks, your auth codes and even total control over your domain’s DNS settings like hostname records, mail exchangers and nameservers etc.
- Offers a free whois email privacy service and will never sell your data to a third party
- A domain registrar who answers the phone and basically doesn’t try to upsell you or sell you a bunch of services you don’t need or want, who is courteous, professional and has over years experience providing rock solid domain and DNS services…
I would recommedÂ www.smartdomains.co.in for your domain registration needs.